Physical Requirements: Position requires walking, standing, stooping, bending and lifting of up to 25 lbs. Ability to carry and balance trays.
Working hours: Schedule will be dictated by Food & Beverage Manager. Hours per day may vary depending on hotel occupancy and business demand. Overtime may occur occasionally due to special events or when full occupancy occurs.
- Greets guests at assigned tables and ensures each guest has a menu and takes drink order at that time.
- Obtains meal order and gives order to kitchen staff for preparation.
- Obtains food when ready and delivers order to guest.
- Must be knowledgeable of all food items, their preparation and their price. Learns daily specials and promotes according to procedures.
- Follows all franchise and health department safe food handling procedures.
- Returns to each assigned table periodically to ask if additional items are needed.
- When the meal is completed, a dessert is suggested.
- Presents check to guest and thanks them for dining with us.
- Refill all condiments and supplies at wait station upon completion of shift.
- May process and deliver room service orders on occasion.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the host/hostess or food & beverage manager.
Qualifications and Skills needed:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Prior wait experience required
- Must have good personal grooming habits.
- Must be able to read and write tickets and communicate with guests.
- Pleasant attitude and customer service oriented.
- Team Player
- Department: Food & Beverage
- Supervisor: Food & Beverage Manager