Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing and walking required. Position requires frequent stooping, bending and lifting of up to 75 lbs. Climbing stairs, reaching, stretching, and moving furniture required. Must be able to traverse in small confined areas (cluttered chase ways and crawl spaces above ceilings).
Working hours: Will vary dependent on hotel occupancy. May be required to work early mornings and/or late evenings when special events and full occupancy occur. Must be able to work weekend shifts as needed. Schedule will be dictated by Maintenance Engineer.
- Maintains and makes general repairs to plumbing fixtures, furniture, woodwork, electrical system, appliances, ventilation system, and building structure.
- Paints, pressure washes, cleans, and repairs equipment, sidewalks, building structure, etc., as needed.
- Installs new electrical outlets and repairs electrical appliances.
- Replaces leaking pipes and faucets.
- Performs various duties usually requiring experience as a carpenter, painter, plumber and electrician.
- Assists in maintaining grounds.
- May handle jobs related in pool attendant job description.
- Other duties as assigned by Maintenance Engineer or as business and demand dictates.
Qualifications and Skills needed:
- Position requires high school diploma or equivalent with vocational training in electrical, mechanical, carpentry, or plumbing fields.
- Minimum one year experience in hotel maintenance
- Knowledge of maintenance and technical aspects of hotels
- Eye for detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Department: Maintenance
- Supervisor: Maintenance Engineer