Experienced Guest Service Representative
We are looking for a Guest Service Representative that has experience specifically in hotels. If you have IHG brand or Opera experience it is preferred. Schedule flexibility is a necessity. Has to be available to work holidays and weekends.
Please see below for the job description. If you you fit these requirements, attach your resume. We will reach out to you if we are interested in you as a candidate.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to stand for 8 hour shift. Walking and climbing stairs required. Position requires occasional stooping, bending and lifting of up to 50 lbs. May assist guests with luggage on occasion.
Working hours: Will vary dependent on hotel occupancy. Shift work - days and hours may vary from week to week. Ability to work weekends required. May have occasional overtime during special events and full occupancy. Schedule will be dictated by Guest Service Mgr.
- Performs check in and check out of guests. Receives payments and allows for proper discounts when applicable.
- Answers hotel switchboard and forwards calls appropriately.
- Serves as information agent for hotel guests and handles problems and requests as they arise.
- Responsible for making reservations and ensuring all booking, rate, and cancellation policies are accurately quoted to guest.
- Responsible for the delivery of mail, packages, and messages to guests.
- Responsible for counting bank at the beginning and end of shift to ensure the bank is accurately accounted for.
- Responsible for making regular deposits in accordance with the hotel’s deposit procedure.
- Other duties as assigned by Guest Service Mgr or as business and demand dictates.
Qualifications and Skills needed:
- Position requires high school diploma or equivalent
- Clerical and cash handling experience required.
- Must be computer and keyboard proficient.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Enthusiastic, out-going personality and interpersonal skills.
- Department: Front Desk
- Supervisor: Guest Service Manager