We are looking for a night auditor that has experience in hotels. If you have experience with accounting, the IHG brand or Opera PMS it is preferred. Must be able to work weekends and holidays. Flexibility is necessary.
Working hours: 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. but may vary depending on hotel occupancy. Ability to work weekends required. May have occasional overtime during special events and full occupancy.
- Performs check in and check out of guests. Receives payments and allows for proper discounts when applicable.
- Answers hotel switchboard and forwards calls appropriately.
- Serves as information agent for hotel guests and handles problems and requests as they arise.
- Responsible for making reservations and ensuring all booking, rate, and cancellation policies are accurately quoted to guest.
- Audits all accounts to ensure they are in balance. The audit includes city ledger, reservation deposits, credit card accounts and room/restaurant charges.
- Posts room, tax revenues, and no shows. Prepares final report of all accounts.
- Responsible for counting bank at the beginning and end of shift to ensure the bank is accurately accounted for.
- Responsible for making regular deposits in accordance with the hotel’s deposit procedure.
- Serves as manager on duty during shift.
- Other duties as assigned by Guest Service Mgr or as business and demand dictates.
Qualifications and Skills needed:
- Position requires high school diploma or equivalent
- Clerical and cash handling experience required.
- Prior hotel front desk experience required.
- Must be computer and keyboard proficient.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Enthusiastic, out-going personality and interpersonal skills.
- Department: Front Desk
- Supervisor: Guest Service Manager