Guest Service Representative
Physical Requirements: Must be able to stand for 8 hour shift. Walking and climbing stairs required. Position requires occasional stooping, bending and lifting of up to 50 lbs. May assist guests with luggage on occasion.
Working hours: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. or 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. but may vary depending on hotel occupancy. Ability to work weekends required. May have occasional overtime during special events and full occupancy.
- Performs check in and check out of guests. Receives payments and allows for proper discounts when applicable.
- Answers hotel switchboard and forwards calls appropriately.
- Serves as information agent for hotel guests and handles problems and requests as they arise.
- Responsible for making reservations and ensuring all booking, rate, and cancellation policies are accurately quoted to guest.
- Audits all accounts to ensure they are in balance. The audit includes city ledger, reservation deposits, credit card accounts and room/restaurant charges.
- Posts room, tax revenues, and no shows. Prepares final report of all accounts.
- Responsible for counting bank at the beginning and end of shift to ensure the bank is accurately accounted for.
- Responsible for making regular deposits in accordance with the hotel’s deposit procedure.
- Serves as manager on duty during shift.
- Other duties as assigned by Guest Service Mgr or as business and demand dictates.
Qualifications and Skills needed:
- Position requires high school diploma or equivalent
- Clerical and cash handling experience required.
- Prior hotel front desk experience required.
- Must be computer and keyboard proficient.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Enthusiastic, out-going personality and interpersonal skills.
- Department: Front Desk
- Supervisor: Guest Service Manager
Location: Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Jacksonville in Jacksonville, FL