Physical Requirements: Position requires walking, standing, stooping, bending and lifting of up to 25 lbs. Must be able to move bar stock from storage rooms to bar area and place in proper storage area.
Working hours: Schedule will be dictated by Food & Beverage Manager. Hours per day may vary depending on hotel occupancy and business demand. Overtime may occur occasionally due to special events or when full occupancy occurs.
- Receives beverage orders from guests, wait staff, or cocktail server.
- Requests proper identification from guests who appear to be less than 35 years old to ensure they are of legal drinking age.
- Prepares drinks with proper portion and ingredients.
- Resourceful with all beverages, ingredients, fruits and supplies to maintain acceptable beverage cost level.
- Operates and maintains cash bank. Gives change to guests when needed.
- Operates various bar equipment such as blenders and taps.
- Maintains a respectful observance of guests consuming alcohol at all times. May refuse to serve a guest who appears to be intoxicated.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the host/hostess or food & beverage manager.
Qualifications and Skills needed:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Bartender certificate or previous bartending experience required.
- Must be able to read and write tickets and communicate with guests.
- Pleasant attitude and customer service oriented.
- Team Player
- Department: Food & Beverage
- Supervisor: Food & Beverage Manager