Physical Requirements: Position requires walking, standing, stooping, bending and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
Working hours: Schedule will be dictated by Food & Beverage Manager. Hours per day may vary depending on hotel occupancy and business demand. Overtime may occur occasionally due to special events or when full occupancy occurs.
- Supervises and instructs waitpersons and bussers on assigned shift. Observes their performance and appearance and makes recommendations to the food & beverage manager as needed.
- Enforces franchise service standards.
- Assigns tables to waitpersons and bussers. Checks to ensure stations are sufficiently supplied.
- Greet and seat guests as they arrive in dining room. Offer menu and describe buffet if applicable.
- Takes room service orders.
- Assists waitpersons as needed helping clear, clean and reset tables.
- Handles food and service complaints from guests and may authorize price adjustments when necessary.
- Responsible for collecting payment from guests and giving change as needed. Follows all cash handling and payment for services procedures.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the food & beverage manager.
Qualifications and Skills needed:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum two years experience as a waitperson or host/hostess.
- Prior cash handling experience required.
- Must be able to read and write tickets and communicate with guests.
- Pleasant attitude and customer service oriented.
- Team Player
- Department: Food & Beverage
- Supervisor: Food & Beverage Manager